Friday, December 14, 2007

Blog F: SED + EDU 125

To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I want to teach just yet. I know for a fact that I do want to teach, but I look at teaching as the job I'll take on when I'm ready to settle down and live somewhere for the rest of my life. So to say that these classes have shaped my ideas towards my chosen career would be to say that I've chosen a career. They have certainly broadened my knowledge of the profession of teaching, in what it entails and what to expect.

Nothing about the school, the major, or the classes have had any negative impact on my views of education. Everyone and everything have been so informative and helpful. This is really just a personal thing. I mean, my view might change over the next few years, who knows. But as I see it right now, teaching would be the final product, not the beginning. I feel like I would make a much more effective teacher if I have been out in the world, and had a ton of different experiences, so that I may tie them all into the classroom.

1 comment:

Johanna Prince said...

Adam a great post, and I think you're view of what makes a good teacher is important. You have a lot to offer future students but can understand that you want to see the world as well. i think you can do both!